what i had for lunch

Thursday, September 04, 2003

So much talk about bacon! Well I have a bacon story too:
The BLT burrito from The Kitchen (kind of a whitey mexican food place in NYC). I actually tried to order this yesterday for lunch but there was a $12 minimum. So today I had cohorts go in with me so that it would be worth their while to deliver it.
IT WAS SO GROSS! What was I thinking? BLT burrito? I felt sure that bacon could not be put to any bad purposes (even though yesterday I ordered a bacon, egg, cheese from the diner and the bacon was super raw! i peeled it off but the smell of it still haunted me!). So I thought bacon and I would heal our relationship today. But this time, it was slabs of that gross thick British-style bacon. The kind you'd get served at the Chip Shop in Park Slope. The "L" was this really crunchy kale-type lettuce and the "T" was this nasty watery salsa. Plus it was loaded down with the spiciest chipolte mayo I've ever tasted. I was sweating bullets and couldn't belive how badly burned I got by a fusion burrito. I haven't had this much bacon trauma since the first time I got served halal bacon in a diner in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive